Friday, September 30, 2011

Praefatio

It seems like it might be a good idea to say why it is I'm creating this work that now stretches out before me. Why is this here? Well the answer is simple:

I plan to be a millionaire within six months and own my own island within the year. That's how blogging works isn't it?

Actually I've been told that I should collect my writings in one place. On the one hand, I can see how people might want that, on the other hand since I started using disqus seven months ago I've apparently produced 554 pages worth of comments on that system alone. It seems like a lot of work. On Zaphod's third hand, if everything I post here has already been posted elsewhere, is there really much point in posting it here?

I don't know, but we'll see how this works. If you are a dreamer, come in. Come in. If you are a wisher, a thinker a liar, if you are thingy, a mingy a magic bean buyer, come in, come in.

If you're not insulted by me mangling that quotation, perhaps you'll even stay a while.

-

The title is a reference to Livy's Praefatio, the second paragraph is a reference to this interview the third paragraph is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The fourth is trying to adapt something from Shel Silverstein even though I don't remember how it goes at all.

This is how I think. All the time. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment