Sunday, May 26, 2013

Narnia: VDT, Where the crowns came from, and the books Eustace read

[Originally Posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]
[In response to: "WHERE DID THIS DRAGON GET MULTIPLE CROWNS FROM WHEN THERE'S ONLY A HANDFUL OF KINGDOMS IN THIS WORLD AND NONE WITHIN SPITTING DISTA-- you know what? Nevermind. I don't care."]

"Sire?"
"Yes Robert?"
"It appears your crown has been stolen again."
"What about the back up crown?"
"That too."
"Not that one, I meant the-"
"That too."
"And the-"
"All of the crowns have been stolen, sire."
"But I ordered two hundred to be made, so that we'd have reserves in the face of the constant problem of crown theft."
"And they were all stolen."
"Didn't I order them to be secured in a locked metal vault two stories underground?"
"The dragon dug up the vault and carried it away."
"He what!?"
"He burrowed into-"
"Never mind. From now on the symbol of royal power shall be a watch."
-
Narrator: Eustace didn't read the right books.
Eustace: I read the left books.
Narrator: No, you read the wrong books.
Eustace: I disagree, the opposite or right is clearly left.

No comments:

Post a Comment