Wednesday, February 17, 2016

"Your [attribute] lover" (Making fun of Narnia)

[Originally posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]
[In HHB Edumund says, "this dark-faced lover of yours" which is tied up in all kinds of racism.  But even setting that aside, and setting a side the "this {} of yours" I had a question.]

Also, is it particularly common to say, "Your [attribute] lover" instead of, you know, his name, or "That guy" or something?

- - -

"So you gonna marry your ginger lover?"

"I don't know, are you going to propose to your curly haired one?"

"Actually I was thinking that the one with the green eyes might be my best bet."

"Which one with the green eyes?"

"You know, my freckled concubine."

"I suppose that's not a bad match..."

"Look, I'll support whatever you decide for yourself, but I think your lover with the long fingers is way better than the red head."

"No love for the short one?"

"I mean, I guess the short one is ok, but if you're thinking of the short one, why not your pale faced lover?"

"If you're gonna go there I have to ask, why not your concubine with the heterochromia iridum?"

"She's great in a lot of ways, but honestly I'm not even sure why you went there. The arm-haired concubine outclasses her point for point."

And so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment